Friday, November 3, 2017

August 2017

 August 11, 2017
Our neighbor, Melissa's birthday!  And the boys decided it would be funny to show up on her doorstep and sing to her in costume haha!  She loved it!
 These are some old pictures of our house that we got from the county.  I'm still hoping that one day I might be able to find pictures from when it was first built, but these may be as close as I'm going to get.
 ***
 August 16, 2017
I took Versii and Paxton to Bricks and Minifigs for the first time.  They were in Lego heaven!  And now every time they get money, they ask to go there. 
 They're plan is to make a stop motion Lego movie with their Dad.  The theme is Cowboys and Indians.  These are what they picked.  The boys were so excited!
***
August 20, 2017
I received a new church calling:
2nd Counselor in the Relief Society
I was definitely sad to be release from Bear Scout Leader, as I felt like it was such an easy calling.  And I'm not going to lie, I am definitely overwhelmed by the amount of work this new calling could be.  But hopefully I will do a great job!
***
 August 21, 2017 
The Total Eclipse.  The boys and I walked down to the library so we could get eclipse glasses and then the boys wanted to just walk back home to watch it.



***
August 27, 2017
My cousin Angela came to town, from Colorado, so we were invited to my Aunt Ann and Uncle Gary's home for Sunday dinner.  Josh was out-of-town for the weekend on a guys trip to Nashville with his friend Matthew and his Dad Norman.
 That morning Josh told me Matthew had been out the night before and was hit by a truck, who ran a red light, while he was walking across the street.  He was in the hospital.  Matthew had a concussion, lots of scrapes and bruises, several stitches and some broken ribs.  Overall he was very lucky to have not been hurt worse.  Such a sad way to end their "Guy's Vacation", although they did have a great time exploring the city and it's music scene before the accident.
 ***
 August 30, 2017
My 38th Birthday!  
All I really wanted was my favorite dessert: The Concord from Pix Patisserie.  It's basically chocolate heaven! And when I told the woman behind the counter that it was my birthday and I drove over from Washington just to have my favorite dessert, so said if I hurried and ate it there, then it would be free!  It's tastes even better when it's free LOL!  --And after we ate dessert, we went to Hot Lips pizza for dinner, because I wanted pizza!  


 After dessert and dinner, we went back to Mom and Dad's, who were watching our boys for us (they had a sleepover the night before).  Grandma let the boys pick out a gift for me and some cake and ice cream.
Plus, Dad came home early from hunting.  I think that's a birthday first, so we had to have a picture!
It was a great birthday!  So glad I could share it with my family!

No comments: