Friday, November 3, 2017

Cub Scout Camp 2017


 July 31, 2017
Versii's last year of Cub Scout Camp and Paxton's first!
This year camp was here in town at Camp Currie.
On my way home from dropping Versii and Paxton off at Camp, I received a text from Kaden saying that his flight to Salt Lake was delayed and wanted me to come back to the airport.  I had taken him to the airport early in the morning and because I also had to get the boys to Cub Camp, I had to leave before his flight pulled away from the gate.  This was the very first time I didn't wait until his flight took off!   
 By the time I arrived back at the airport, Kaden's flight had gone from delayed to cancelled.  I found him sitting with his book.  Apparently they discovered a leak in the fuel line, after the plane pulled away from the gate.  We hurried and got into line at one of the gates and we were able to get him rerouted on a connecting flight through Phoenix.  So we called his Gammey and Aunt Mazie to see if they'd meet him at the airport and make sure he got safely on his connecting flight.  Unfortunately, we'd had to get up at 5am for his original flight by the time we got him rebooked, it was 9am.  The new flight wasn't going to leave until 3:25pm, so we ended up going home to relax for a bit before going back to the airport.  It was a long day, but eventually we got Kaden back to the airport and off on his flight.

 This is Mazie and Kaden's Gammey, Jana waiting at the Phoenix airport for Kaden.  Since he's only 14, they still let them go through security to meet him at the gate.
The silver lining to Kaden's very long travel day, was getting to see Gammey and Mazie in between flights.  And I was thankful he was changing planes in a state with family available to make sure it was all ok.
***
August 1st and 2nd I volunteered at Cub Scout Camp.
And, as luck would have it, the days I had picked to volunteer, were both over 100 degrees!  I don't like hot weather!  But at least most of camp is shaded by big trees and they ended up shortening some of the camp days to get the boys home before the really hot temperatures started.
 Tuesday I spent the day with Paxton and the Wolves.




 And Wednesday I spent the day with Versii and the Webelos.







They both had a great time at Camp! 

No comments: