Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Alderbrook Again...and a surprise!

 August 10, 2015
As I mentioned before...Alderbrook is our new favorite park.  This time our friends, the Jensen's invited us to go and since Kaden missed out the first time (he was at Scout camp), then we happily went again!
Above: Paxton happily drinking from the pink lemonade fountain...he insisted it was the first thing we needed to do!
 Paxton riding the train.
 Swimming.
 Above: Ajah, Versii, Kaden and Flint


After we spent the day at the park, we came home and walked into quite the surprise!  While we were out, Josh had gone to the Humane Society, found a cat, adopted her and brought her home.  He had us all come downstairs and there she was lying on Versii's bed.  
 Her name is Khaleesi.  She's 2 years old and, lucky for us, she had already been declawed and litter box trained.  I'll admit, I was not too happy to have a cat in my home.  I have never been much of a cat lover, I think mostly due to the claws and the fact that they can jump pretty much anywhere they want.  But I will say that the boys love her so much and I've grown to love her too.  The only thing that would make her better is if she didn't shed.  

 She is such a silly cat.  You can often find her sleeping in our bathroom sinks. 
...And she lays in the craziest positions.
***
So in just over a week's time, we went from no pets, to three!  And sadly, the bunnies didn't get much attention after Khaleesi arrived.  I felt bad for the bunnies.  Since I mostly took care of them by myself and with winter approaching causing a need to figure out how to keep the little guys warm...we decided it was best to find the bunnies a new home.  We sold them to the sweetest girls.  They were sisters who were about to be starting 4H.  So now the bunnies will have a lot of love and attention and I no longer had the work of taking care of them.  I figure that's a win-win!  Versii was a little sad to see the bunnies go, but he knows they will have a better life now.  

No comments: