Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Utah Trip

 October 15, 2015
I flew to Las Vegas to meet my sister, Julie and her husband Michael.  We stayed the night in Vegas at "the D" on the old strip.  We spent the evening exploring the strip and I ate the best slice of pizza!  ...It was so good that I'm still thinking about it, haha!  I love pizza!  --The next morning we got up, had breakfast and headed for St. George.
 In St. George, we met up with Mom, Ashlyn, Austin, Grandma, Aunt Gail and my cousin, CJ.  My Grandma knew everyone that would be there, except the fact that I flew out.  That was a complete surprise!  She was definitely shocked and excited when I walked in and she saw me!
 Family picture outside our hotel in St. George.   

Julie and I with our Grandma.

Four Generations shot.
 Aunt Gail, Joy, Grandma, Julie and Mom
L to R: Aunt Gail, CJ, Grandma, Joy , Julie, Michael, Mom 
and Austin and Austin in the front.  This picture and the one above are pictures of pictures that I received from my Mom.  I'll replace them when I get the digital images from Mom's computer.
 The reason we all met up in St. George: A performance of Disney's "When You Wish" at Tuacahn.  It had been years since I had seen a show at Tuacahn and although I couldn't remember everything about the show, I did remember how amazing it was...So I was beyond excited to see this show!
 Photo ops while we waited for the theatre to open.
Tuacahn is such a unique amplitheatre!  
We had some great seats!  Ashlyn and I were in the center 3rd row!  Julie, Michael and Austin were just one row up; Mom and Grandma right behind them and Aunt Gail and CJ were just up and across the aisle from them.
Waiting for the show to start.  ---The performance was absolutely amazing, by the way: from the acting/singing, to the set design, and the costumes!  Everyone was great, but the young girl who played the lead was spectacular!  Being in such a unique location, I love all the elements that Tuacahn is able to add to their shows.  At one point during the performance they completely flooded the stage, at another point they had a wall of water spraying down, they had live horses ride in and people flying through the air!  If you ever have an opportunity to see a live show at Tuacahn, you should definitely do it!  Just unbelievably entertaining!  I loved every minute of it!  Thanks Mom for such an awesome experience and to share it with family was so much fun!  And thanks to Josh for manning the kids alone for the weekend!  It was a great trip!

No comments: