Friday, July 11, 2008

How does your garden grow?

I'm expanding our small garden. All we had before were Kaden's sunflowers, that he planted at Kindergarten round-up, back in May. I've never really tried gardening before and I'm not very good at keeping plants alive. But so far, these sunflowers have survived. They're over 15 inches tall. Today I have planted Blue Bellflowers and Mixed Colored Asters. After planting them outside and trying desperately for Versii not to disturb them, I'm thinking it may have been a better idea to start them indoors...then transplant them when they grow bigger. Too late for that idea, I suppose. With the amount of times Versii started digging in the garden, it will be a wonder if the garden has any symmetry when it's matured. At any rate, both seed packages say "Guarenteed to Grow" so let's hope that's true.
The new seeds planted in loving memory of Mom's friend Judy.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Look at you getting all domestic. I hope it works out. Keep us updated on the flowers.

Clayton and Camea said...

Good luck greening up that thumb of yours! You should see our Garden! I can't believe how tall our corn is and our tomatoe plants art HUGE! We're already eating some peas, summer squash, beets and lettuce...I should put up another picture, actually I think I'll wait till we get those weeds pulled...we grow those great too!