Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sharing One Of Life's Necessities



Josh will probably make fun of me for sharing this, but I'm going to do it anyway. The other day I was thinking about all the products that I just couldn't live without and Ivory soap would be one of them.

I have come across a few who know the secret cleaning power of Ivory, but when you find a product that's great, I think it should be shared.

Plain Ivory bar soap is the best for getting out tough stains. It works better than Shout, or any of those pre-treatment things. I clean a lot of things with this stuff. For those of you who are Moms, this soap will almost always even remove those awful yellow baby poop stains from clothes. Ivory is great for grease spots on clothes too. I like to use it, with a toothbrush, to clean dirty shoes too. (Yes, I'm a little neurotic when I start cleaning.) I can basically get almost any stain out with Ivory. Just a tip of how I use it -- Directions according to Joy: Lightly wet the fabric and then rub the bar directly on the stain. I often have to use my fingernails to scrub it out too. Rinse and repeat. Just yesterday, there was some sort of brown stain all across the front of a shirt I got out of the dryer, and I was able to get it out. ---Anyway, if your stain doesn't come out using this, I'd say it's permanent.

Ha Ha...while I at it, I'll share my other cleaning product must-haves:
1. Ivory Bar soap's #1, but you just read that
2. Soft Scrub with Bleach - LOVE IT! It can clean almost anything.
3. Windex
4. Old toothbrush for detail scrubbing
5. Sponge with one side smooth and one side rough.
6. Rubber Gloves, I don't like to touch the dirt!

Just so you know, I don't love to clean, but when I get in the mood to clean...I sort of go crazy into detail. I do suffer from a little OCD complex. LOL

6 comments:

tren said...

Joy, are you trying to debate my Nubian soaps? That's okay, Ivory is good, too. I consider my soaps a special little treat just for me. The rest of my family uses regular stuff.

Joshua and Joy said...

Ha Ha Trenya, I accidently hit post before I finished typing. I don't use Ivory for my body, just for cleaning my clothes and other items. I am sure I would love your soaps!

Linds said...

Thanks for the tips. I love to clean too. I'm seiuously going to try it!

tren said...

Wow, I've never tried Ivory on clothing. I'll have to give it a try.

Clayton and Camea said...

Ditto! You're so funny, Joy.

Nicole W. said...

THANK YOU! i'm always in for a little stain removing secrets....i'm terrible at putting bibs on erika so i'm constantly ruining her clothes...here's to no more of that!