Saturday, July 12, 2008

Idol Chatter

Ha Ha...I got that title from the Oregonian article about the American Idol Concert. Grandma really started the whole American Idol craze this year. I watched American Idol the first season and then I sometimes like to watch the outtakes of the ones who didn't make it. But I don't usually watch the competitions. Mom has watched a few of the seasons. Neither of us would have watched this year, but Grandma told Mom that one of the contestants was from her old high school, Murray High, and he was LDS (David Archuleta). Also, Brooke White is LDS. So she started watching. Then she got me watching and 450+ votes later (98% for Archuleta, since 2% of the votes mysteriously went to David Cook, although we dialed the line for Archuleta off of redial - We remain convinced that the votes are rigged.)...here we are going to the American Idol Concert. And laugh if you want, but we had a great time. The thing about an American Idol Concert is that the performances are so diverse. You really get a great variety. My new favorite Idol would have to be Michael Johns. I love a guy with an acent...he austrailian, he's attractive and he's a great singer. (Don't worry, I still love my husband best, but Michael is fun to watch.) Kristy Lee Cook was surprisely one of the best performers of the night. She had a lot of exuberance on stage, although she's a country singer, she was very entertaining. Brooke White is just super talented, she plays piano and guitar. David Archuleta plays piano too and has an amazing voice and then there's David Cook who is the American Idol and he was good too. He's relatively attractive, but just not my favorite. Anyway, if you actually read all this. Check out the slide show...no American Idol concert is complete without a dancing Poptart. Then there was the Guitar Hero faceoff during the intermission...And you don't want to miss the photo of the girl wearing the shirt that says, "Future Mrs. Archuleta." The were a lot of home-made signs to that effect too. So silly! One Mom even told us, her girls were expecting a proposal tonight. Now that's idol craziness! ---All in all, we had a really great time. But if I have trouble hearing you from now on, it may be because of the hearing loss I suffered during the concert. The bass was crazy loud. It rung in your ears...although it wasn't as bad during the slower songs. After the show closed, everything just sounded muffled. ---Thanks Joshua for watching the boys while I went out! And thanks Mom for sharing this with me!

Above: Just a clip of David Archuleta, singing one of my new favorite songs.

Below: This clip is of the audiance going wild over David Cook. The sound just can't be duplicated on a camera...but I think you get the point.



8 comments:

Clayton and Camea said...

How fun! You guys are so silly, and YES I did read it all!

Nicole W. said...

Oh My gosh...Okay can I say a few things....
1. I LOVE David Archuleta and the votes totally WERE rigged b/c I was voting for him too...and even though i Hit REDIAL when voting it would say "thanks for voting for contestant 1" which was COOK!!!! and then I would freak out! so, it's messed up!!
2. Apologise is one of Steve and I's favorite songs too!!!!!!! we have it on his Ipod and listen to it all the time!!!
okay, i'm done...this is not an email...I forget..:)

Nicole W. said...

p.s...was this in Portland??!! I totally wish I could have gone! SO FUN!
pps whoever DOES marry Archuleta and gets to hear that voice everyday is one blessed chick! ;) lol

Joshua and Joy said...

It was here in Portland. It's too bad that I didn't know you were such a fan. My Mom did have 4 tickets and gave 2 to her friend, since Josh and Dad didn't want to go.

Linds said...

Ha ha ha! That cracks me up. Gotta love AI. Anyway, it looks like you had a great time.

Jeff and Amy said...

What a way fun night!! Idol fans are pretty crazy. I didn't get into it these last few seasons - there are so many shows out there I like there's just not enough time to watch them all!! I like your blog - lots of fun stuff to look at. Thanks for finding me!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that you went to the concert. Archuletta all the way (i wish)Thanks for letting me peek at your blog! Check mine out anytime!

tren said...

Joy, what a nice surprise to see your comment on my blog. I'm excited to keep in touch with you. I love David Archuleta, too. He has a beautiful voice.

Trenya