Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!

Kaden + sparklers = scared and happy.


Just the way it should be, I think, wouldn't want him getting to comfortable holding a stick on fire in his hand.


Don't worry, I didn't give the baby any lit sparklers, he just got to hold them in their pre-fire status.

Kaden took this picture of Versii and I. He just loves to use the camera.

***************


I just love to see fireworks. My pictures aren't award-winning, but they give you a good idea of the fireworks we enjoyed. The crazy looking ones, the ones with the streaks of light, were taken using the "fireworks" setting on my camera. I just thought they looked neat.



We had a very relaxing 4th. No one in the house had to work so we watched a few movies. The Golden Compass and Fool's Gold. I'm no movie critic, but I will say that we really weren't that impressed with the Golden Compass. The film work was cool, but it just wasn't as great as it seemed like it would be. Josh and Kaden were bored with it. Kaden really liked The Cronicles of Narnia, so I thought for sure he would like this one, but he left shortly after it started to go play in his room. Dad was so bored that he fell asleep. (HaHa, he falls asleep a lot when he's bored, or should I say he "rest his eyes" a lot.) As for Fool's Gold, I thought is was a good movie, although there is a scene were good 'ol Matt gets flashed by a girl and it was totally unnecessary and some language that need not be present. And this flick is rated PG-13...what happened to the days when boobs were only seen in the R rated films? Anyway, in between the movies, we barbecued. We had really yummy steaks. And in the evening, Josh and Kaden ran out to buy some fireworks. We just weren't sure we wanted to go out and join the masses for any of the big shows this year. So, we just stayed home, and had our own fireworks show in the backyard. This is Versii's 2nd 4th of July, but last year he was such a new baby he just fell asleep, and this year, he was tired and scared. He ended up going inside to watch fireworks from the window, with Grandma. He didn't mind watching the lights, but the sound really bugged him. Speaking of bugs, why is it that the mosquitoes only like me? I swear I have been bit several times tonight. I'll be able to assess the full damage tomorrow. All in all, we had a great day! How about you?

3 comments:

Linds said...

Sounds like you had a good 4th of July. I loved the fireworks pictures. Too cool! I heard about the boob flash in "Fools Gold" we'll try and do some of our own editing when we watch it. Thanks for the heads up. We did some fireworks too. I thought the girls would be afraid, but they loved them!

The Lara Family said...

I'm jealous about the fireworks. We weren't able to get any of our own this year because they were banned from the city limits (it has been too dry lately). Anyways we had a fun 4th anyways.

Clayton and Camea said...

We had a fun one too, we just lazed about all morning, grilled salmon, went to a parade that ended in a huge city-wide water balloon/ water gun contest and got free popsicles, then went to the fireworks show with some friends. Evelyn was so tired! We didn't get any of our own though, maybe next year. On another exciting note...we came home to an ambulance and firetruck on our street...don't know what that was about though.