Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Alderbrook with Family!

 June 29, 2016
A day at Alderbrook Park.  I've blogged about Alderbrook before, but it is a privately owned park, so they charge admission.  But it's such a great deal: Adults are $10 and kids are $6.  Admission cover all activities, except food, once you get into the park...and you can even bring your own food if you want.  When we take the boys to Inflatable Kingdom, it's $5 for only 1 hour of jump time.  And at Alderbrook they could literally jump all day long!  So it's awesome, because they have so many more choices too!
 Last time we went they didn't have this baby cow.  It was so cute.  At one point it was trying to suck Lizzy's hand.

 The boys playing in the bounce obstacle course.
Lizzy made me race her, four separate times.  I never did win, although I tried hard!  But we laughed a lot and my body felt like it had been in a car accident after.  I'm definitely not 16 any more haha! 
We also spent some time swimming, but we didn't get any pictures of that.



 My friend Annalei and her kids, Flint and Ajah joined us there too.  Flint, Versii and Paxton spent a lot of time hunting and catching newts in the lake. 

 Aunt Gail and Lizzy trying out the paddle boats.


 Mom and Lizzy on the paddle boats.

 Ajah and her friend.

 The boys with the newts.  
Which incidentally, Versii got sick Friday night, likely from the newts.  We knew they had a toxin on their skin and that they needed to wash their hands well before eating, but at some point Versii may have wiped his eye or nose before he washed up.  He had all the symptoms of salmonella and food poisoning: fever, vomiting, headache and chills.  He was sick for over 2 days, poor kid!  
 Lizzy and I went out on the paddle boats a few times too!  If you want to get in shape, take up paddle boating!  Wow, it really works your leg muscles!
 Near the end of the day, Mom, Aunt Gail and the boys played a round of mini golf.  While they played their round, Lizzy and I packed up my new wagon with all our gear.  It was definitely nice not to have to carry all that stuff!  Putting it to good use already.
After the park, Lizzy came home with us for a sleep over and of course, she wanted a picture of the view from our driveway.  Every time I see it, I think, how lucky we are to see this every day.

No comments: