Saturday, April 24, 2021

April 2020 Highlights

April 1: Kaden's new room, he wanted black wall, I did not.  So we compromised and went with a nice dark gray.
Josh and Kaden about to install a light bulb in the stairway.
The band room painted with silver drop a nice light gray.  
Josh's funny video about loose track of the days during Covid Stay-at-Home orders.
April 3: Versii and Paxton making a box fort, or "Hobo Fort" as they called it.

April 7: Josh tiling the upstairs bathroom.
April 12: Easter morning.  In an effort to simplify and because the Easter baskets could not be easily located due to the remodel mess, we went with brown paper Easter bags.

April 15: Because everyone was home so much and most businesses had closed down, I came up with a fun and simple project for myself.  We have so many beautiful river rocks all over our property and I thought it would be fun to arrange the rocks by color to create a rock scape near the front door.  I got the boys to bring me buckets of rocks.  It was really a pretty relaxing and satisfying project.

It's odd how much happiness it brings me to admire the beauty of these rocks.  I can't believe we literally have an array of rocks in every color.  
This is one of my favorites, I call it the rainbow rock.

The gray and red rock reminds me of coy fish in a pond.
Above is a before and after picture of the rock bed.  I added so many more rocks to fill it in.
My beautiful rock floor creations.

We always laugh when Khaleesi sits like this. 
We scored this sweet cat bed from the Buy Nothing Group I'm part of.  Khaleesi loves it!
Bathroom tile.
Tiling our new office with a herringbone design.
April 22: I love adding plants to our front yard garden.  


So many beautiful new plants for our yard.

We have several rock beds in our yard, so naturally I had to add a little artistic interest in this rock bed.
April 27: Josh and the boys went out of town to Colorado and I used that time to rearrange the rocks in the rock bed at the end of our driveway.  It took me a few days, but I am in love with the swirling pattern of the colored rocks.
Also, I finally unboxed these little solar lights we bought awhile ago.  I just love them too!
Finished tile in the office and bathroom shower.

My craziest rock project...



It is amazing to me how much more your can highlight the beauty of these river rocks by arranging them by color.  I may be slightly obsessed with these rocks!  And it was just so calming to sit outside in the fresh air and arrange them.  
My new solar light for the front porch...it's the little things I love so much!

No comments: