Sunday, April 25, 2021

December: Sisters Trip to Denver


December 4: I flew to Denver to meet my sister Julie and Maryann for some girl time.


Maryann and I went to visit her sister Brenda.
I forgot my sunglasses and Versii loves aviator style, so I figured I could wear them while I'm in Denver and then gift them to him when I get back.  

Visiting Brenda's daughter Colleen at work.
Dec 6: Family celebration at Brenda's some some of her kids birthdays.
L to R: Jacob, Tammy, Julie, Maryann, Joy, Brenda, Angela, Uncle Gary and Aunt Ann.

Celebrating these 3 kiddos: Seth, Oakley and Colleen.
Julie and Brenda
Brenda lives kind of out in the middle of nowhere and cell service is not great there, like barely works at all.  So went we got in the car to drive back to Maryann's and made it to the point in the road that our service came back, I received a voicemail and text message from a woman named Lisa saying that she had my kids and Versii had been in an accident.  
***A scary phone call to get at any time, but even more so because I was out of town and couldn't do much from where I was.   He had flipped his electric bike down the street from our house and the boys just have my number memorized.  She was sweet enough to stay with Versii, while Paxton rode home to get Josh.  Versii was wearing a helmet, but unfortunately, it was not the full-faced helmet that covers the chin.  Apparently, he went to turn and said he hand slipped off the break and the front tire jack-knifed and sent him flying off the bike.  He landed directly on his chin on the pavement.  He really badly damaged his chin.  Versii is pretty much terrified of doctors and the last time he split his chin open (which was tiny in comparison) we went to urgent care and ended up leaving 3 hours later with super glue and no stitches.  Versii just would never calm down enough to allow for stitches.  This time, he was refusing to go to the doctor and Josh was trying to clean, glue and steri-strip it himself.  We were all trying to get Versii to be willing to go the doctor.  Thankfully, Josh called over Brady, a dentist from our ward.  He checked to make sure Versii hadn't damaged his teeth and helped Josh give him a blessing.  After that, Josh was able to convince Versii to go to the emergency room.  
They went to the emergency room and Versii was able to get stitches.  Such a relief to know he got the medical attention he needed.
Josh said he got really nauseous when they started on the stitches.
Versii all stitched up.
Quite the scab.
Dec 7: Visiting Linda and her family.

Dec 8: We went to the Christmas market in downtown Denver on our way to the airport.

It was a fun, very relaxing trip...minus the stress of Versii's accident.
I always love spending time with Julie and with Maryann.

No comments: