Saturday, April 24, 2021

January 2020 Highlights


January 4: My assortment of exercise equipment I needed for my at home physical therapy program.  After my PRP injections in October, Dr. Schultz referred me to Todd at SimFit Physical Therapy.  And although they are located in Colorado, they have the ability to set up Zoom Therapy sessions which are surprisingly effective.  I always am amazed he can tell when my posturing is off just from Zoom.  
We bought the boys a Ninja gingerbread mix that came with ninja cookies cutters.

Dieter's fancy new name tag I bought from Etsy.
January 11: Dinner at Jana and Jason's house.  Versii thought their new bubble gun was super fun. 
Jan 13: Versii building a model battleship.
Versii and his cat Cerin.  

Jan 14: Kaden celebrating his friend Gabe's birthday.  They went paintballing.
L to R: Kaden, Gabe and Malakhi.


January 16: The boys enjoying the snow.

Vision Therapy exercise: Brock String.  
I have to move my eyes to focus on the different balls on the string.  And slowly move my vision following the string.  It's supposed to help with tracking and focus.  
January 17: Paxton's slush creature.

January 19: Family game night.  My cousin Maryann sent us the game Big Money.
January 20: Here's a funny story: Josh wanted his hair cut and I told him I was too tired and he'd have to wait until tomorrow.  Then later, I'm in the bathroom, and Josh comes knocking on the door, expressing: "Help!  Joy I need your help!"  I come out to find that he decided to take matters into his own hands and try to cut his hair on his own.  Of course, I had to take photos to document the worst haircut ever!  Haha!  And naturally I had to fix it...  I laugh every time I see this photo or think of this story.
January 21: Josh flew out to meet his friend Matt on the East Coast to help him drive a new car home.  They visited several cities along the way: New York City, New Jersey, Philadelphia.





January 24: Matt


January 25:

January 28: Matt dropped Josh off in Las Vegas to meet his business partners (Andrew and Matt) for a flooring conference.  
Andrew, Matt and Josh.  


While Josh was in Las Vegas, he started getting really sick.  And when he flew home he went to the urgent care.  The doctor told him that she didn't know exactly what he had, but it was some kind of  virus and that it was highly contagious.  

January 28: My 3rd Vision Field test results, after doing light therapy for almost 5 weeks.  
The images on the left are from the 1st test and the top rights are from the 2nd.  Bottom left are the most recent.  It was amazing to visibly see the progress I am making.  You can see in the beginning how large my blind spot was and how narrow my field of vision was.  Then by the 3rd test you can see how my blind spot narrowed and my fields of vision expanded.  It's also nice to know that all the time and effort put into completing my light therapy every day is worth it!
January 31: Our cats love boxes.  Cerin on the left and Khaleesi on the right.
 Plus hanging out on the table keeps them safe from Dieter...who just wants to play, but they are not having it.

No comments: