Sunday, April 25, 2021

September 2020 Highlights

Sep 13: The smoke continued to remain thick and Josh was desperate to get out of town to a place where the air was better.  Traveling is especially hard for me since the accident, and since we had just returned to town a few days ago, I opted to stay home.  Josh and the boys loaded up the trailer and took off to Longbeach, WA for a long weekend, where the air quality was dramatically better, than here in Camas. 

Boys artwork: Versii's above and Paxton's below.

Sep 14: La Provence opened up a location here in Vancouver, near us.  So my friend, Annalei and I went there for lunch and I came home with delicious desserts to try.  The Pavlova on the right, is just divine. 
Sep 16: the boys had been asking for modeling clay.  We bought some and they spent a lot of time creating these sculptures.  Versii made the panda and the little house.  Paxton made the rest.  I'm so glad that I snapped a picture before we tried to bake them.  It turns out that not all modeling clay can be baked.  ...I opened the oven 10 minutes later to see this melted mess and was a little worried to inform the boys that I had melted their creations!  The gray clay was a different type of clay and did harden when baked, but the modeling clay just melted and became re-moldable.

The boys were not as sad as I imagined they might be and they immediately set to work making new creations.
Paxton's creepy creature.
Versii made this Star Wars display.
Paxton made a pink snowman, eating snow balls
Versii made these little guys.
Sep 23: I started a project of scanning pictures from when Josh and I were kids, since the only copies we have a prints.  
My deal on end of the summer sunglasses: $4 or less per pair.  I was excited!
Sep 25: Setting up the band room.

Sep 27: The boys and I drove out to Ridgefield to celebrate Austin's birthday!  
Sep 30: I decided to cut bangs....and although they did not turn out completely terrible, I have resolved that bangs are just not a great look on me and I am not going to do that again.  Pictures and blog to help remind me that I will not like them.
 

No comments: