Saturday, April 24, 2021

December 2019 Highlights

December 1, 2019: Decorating for Christmas.  
Cerin kept climbing up into the tree.
New decorations from my cousin Maryann: The "Joy" sign and the "Merry Christmas" sign.




December 2, 2019: Ever since we had to rehome Blitz, Paxton has wanted a dog. 
Josh and I went to go see this puppy and on the way we kind of decided we probably weren't going to get him, but we still went to see him.  While we were there, it was clear that he had been abused and Josh said: "We'll take him!"  As we were walking out the door, I asked what changed his mind and he said, "I just couldn't leave him."  So meet our new pup Dieter!  The boys were so excited.

December 3: Dieter: 6 months
My vision therapy field test results.  


December 10
December 11 - Light Therapy: The goal is to increase my field of vision, as the trauma to my brain from the accident caused my brain to limit my field of vision.  I learned this is common in brain injuries.  Besides the benefit of expanding your field of vision, light therapy is used to combat depression and mood changes.  Since the accident, I have experiences so many moods and depression.  One minute I'm ok, the next minute I'm crying for no reason, then there are times when I am crazy angry and blow up about noise or any little thing.  Severe mood changes are very exhausting and really makes you feel so out of control. 

So the therapy involves me putting on these filtered glasses every day,  going in to a dark room (the basement bathroom, since it has no windows), and staring at the light for 2 minutes each.  At the end of the 2 minutes, I have to reach up and cover my eyes and record the colors of the image I see.  Each week I have to increase the time I stare at each filter until I reach 20 minutes per filter.  The red filter "the working filter" is first, it is supposed to open up new pathways in my brain and then the green filter "the calming filter" is suppose to help my brain relax.  I was instructed that I can only listen to white noise or instrumental music while doing my therapy.  So I created a play list of the Piano Guys and other beautiful piano and instrumental music.


December 21: Celebrating my friend Nicole's birthday!  She loves Karaoke at Voice Box!  



December 24: Celebrating Christmas eve with my brothers and their families.  And this year, Sakurako's parents were in town, from Japan.  

December 25: Christmas morning.  Kaden was at his Mom's for Christmas this year.

December 27

December 30: Hanging out at Big Al's with cousins.  Ashlyn and Austin, Rayme and Oakley.
We did "Find my Relatives" with Kathleen and found out that we are cousins through my Mom's Father's line, so that makes her kids official cousins.
 

No comments: