Saturday, May 4, 2019

January 2019 Highlights

 January 6, 2019: Kaden's first car accident.  Kaden and his Mom were driving to the Salt Lake Airport from Colorado and encountered snowy road conditions along the way.  Apparently their car hit some ice, resulting in a collision with a semi truck.  Kaden was not driving and thankfully neither of them were badly hurt, although they did experience whiplash. Kaden was sore and a bit shook up for a few days.  Such a scary experience!  He missed his flight home and had to fly back the following day, but we are so grateful that it was not worse.

 January 9, 2019: Versii loves to build homes with legos and on Minecraft.  Here is one of his detailed home creations.


 January 11, 2019: The cats coexisting happily together.
 For Spring Break we planned a trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, so the boys needed passports.  I joke that this was the most money was have ever spent for the worst photos ever!
 January 12, 2019: Paxton's passion project in the works. 
He's learning about the Incans and wanted to build a home and he made this cute llama all on his own.  I love it!

 Paxton's snowman art.
 January 18, 2019: Picking up Kaden's car.  
We bought Kaden's car from an auction and on the day we went to pick it up from the car lot, it started pouring rain!  I didn't have an umbrella, but I did have my big winter jacket.  So I elected to wait in line for them to collect the car from the back.  So many people in line were there with car carriers to collect multiple cars.  So the wait was long!  I waited an hour in the rain and by the time they brough the car out, I was soaked all the way through!  I hope Kaden can one day appreciate all the sacrifices we make on his behalf.  Ha!  It was miserable, but he now has a car.   Meet Kaden's Toyota Scion.


January 19, 2019: In other big news: We welcomed a new puppy into our home!  I can't believe we are trying this again!  Meet Blitz!  Blitz means lightning in German and Kaden is taking German in school this year, so it seems fitting.  He is a Parson Jack Russell and he is super smart!  The boys were so excited to love on him!  


Josh is pretty in love too!



January 22, 2019: Paxton building a birdhouse for Cub Scouts.



January 26, 2019: I met my sister-in-laws for brunch over at St Honore Bakery in Lake Oswego.  It was so delicious!  After we ate, we walked around the shops for a bit.  I love this sign we found.  "Don't look back.  You're not going that way."  We had such a great time!
My sister-in-laws: Sakurako and Ann

January 31, 2019: Blitz fell asleep while waiting in the car to pick up Kaden.
The Living Museum of Ancient Civilizations
Versii's group project: Ancient Greece
They did such a great job!  
Versii as a Greek Architect.




No comments: