Sunday, May 5, 2019

Surprising Mom!

March 14, 2019: 
I flew to Utah to surprise my Mom for her birthday.
It was a great idea and I am glad that I went, but traveling with my injury was not pleasant at all.  I was nauseous and super uncomfortable both on and off the flights.  Thank goodness I packed a tiny lumbar pillow and a neck pillow, which helped make traveling bearable.  By the time I landed in Saint George I was so nauseous I thought I might pass out.  The only one who knew I was coming was my brother-in-law Michael.  I had to wait a little while for him to pick me up, as he had been forced to tell my sister a story as to why he needed to leave the house...which she was having a hard time buying LOL!
 Hopefully my Mom will forgive me for posting a video of her in her bathrobe, but I love her reaction to my surprise visit!  She only had hip replacement surgery just over a week before I showed up.
My niece, Brielle, enjoying lunch with us.
 Because Mom was resting and recovering from her surgery, Julie and I spent some time going out to eat and did a little shopping.  But mostly we sat around relaxing, watching shows and napping.  Which is a great recipe for recovery.  Every day we napped for a few hours, which was I needed and appreciated so much!  
 I forgot to pack my sunglasses, so we went searching for a new pair.  Turns out Jewels and I found a great pair we loved and bought matching ones!
March 18th: Since I needed to fly home in the afternoon of Mom's birthday, we celebrated the evening before. 
Happy Birthday Mom!  I'm so glad I could be there to share it with you!  Love you so much! 

No comments: