Saturday, May 4, 2019

November 2018 Highlights

 November 2, 2018: Versii showing off his cell project at school.  He made a model of the rod cell from inside the eye.

 November 3, 2018: This is our little avocado plant that is growing from seed.  It's significant because we have never been successful growing anything from a seed.  Ha!
 Paxton's "Eye" poem.

 November 7, 2018: Cerin and Khaleesi happily sharing the box.
 November 10, 2018: Josh decided we needed a tractor to save money on all the yard projects we still need to do.  He was excited! 
 November 11, 2018: 
Remembering these great Veteran's today.  My Grandpa Thatcher on the far left and my Grandpa Black on the right. Both served our country and were amazing men!  Love and miss them both very much!  
 November 18, 2018: This year for Thanksgiving we traveled to Utah: I flew and the boys drove.  We enjoyed spending time with my Grandma Joy, my Mom and Dad and my sister Julie and her family, my Aunt Gail and cousins.  Although sadly we did not get a photo of our whole group.

 3 Generations of Joy! 
Here I am with my Aunt Joy and my Grandma Joy!  
 November 19, 2018: The kids and I walked to Murray Park and they enjoyed playing in the outdoor Fitness Zone.





 Then we bought the boys new winter jackets.

 November 21, 2018: Mom and I took the kids over to the Nickel Arcade.  They had a great time!

 November 22, 2018: Looking through Grandpa Black's photo albums from his time serving in Guadalcanal back in 1944.
"Taking a break a top the boom of our Crane."
"Skulls were dug up in Japanese graveyard on Guadalcanal.  Many were left laying on the ground." 

"The four musketeers again, with me at the controls.  (Me, Grosser, Chard, and Bartell.)"


The boys also saw a sword that Grandpa procured from a dead Japanese soldier.  They thought that was pretty incredible. 
We had a wonderful time in Utah and loved spending time with family.  Thank you Grandma for having us all in your home, playing games and feeding us so well!  
November 24, 2018: Our avocado plant really taking off...but the kitten thought it looked tasty and tried to eat the leaves. So we had to protect it...as seen below. 

November 25, 2018: Naturally, as soon as we put the Christmas tree up this year, our curious little kitten quickly set to exploring it.
November 28, 2018: Our ten year anniversary of being sealed for time and eternity in the Portland, Oregon Temple.  
I'm so thankful that family's can be together forever.  
Pictures taken on the day of our sealing on November 28, 2008.


No comments: